Ready to Roam Reading? So are we!
To help commemorate the Town’s 375th Anniversary, RCB is celebrating with a
two-week-long scavenger hunt, from May 31– June 15!
To participate in this contest, entrants must download GooseChase, a free scavenger hunt app, from the app store on their mobile device. Search for Roaming Reading to join the game!
Points will be earned by taking selfies around Town and posting to Goosechase. $1,500 in prizes will be awarded to the winners! Complimentary pop sockets for phones will be made available at our Haven Street branch!
When sharing to social media, don't forget to use the hashtags #Reading375 and #ReadingCoop!
Need help getting started in the app? Check out these helpful resources!
Goosechase Instructions [pdf]
Participants Sharing Submissions on Social [pdf]
To learn more about the scavenger hunt, please contact email@example.com
OFFICIAL RULES - Roaming Reading: 375th Celebration Scavenger Hunt
- Eligibility: Must be 14 years of age or older.
- Entrant must be a current Reading, Massachusetts resident.
- The following prizes will be awarded:
- $500 – Highest Overall Points 1st place: $100 Venetian Moon | $100 Pamplemousse | $100 Calareso’s Farm Stand & Garden Center | $50 Jordan’s Imax 3D Theater | $50 Richardson’s Ice Cream | $50 Fuddruckers | $50 The Flower Shoppe of Eric's (Winner: CuddlesandMilo)
- $250 – Highest Overall Points 2nd place: $100 Fitness Within | $50 Simoniz Car Wash | $50 Tin Bucket | $25 Fresh n’ Clean | $25 The Green Tomato | $25 Bagel World | $25 Cupcake City (Winner: (Winner: Diane Folds)
- $100 – Highest Overall Points 3rd place: $25 BeanStalk Adventure Ropes Course | $25 Pizza World | $25 D’Amici’s | $25 Aine’s Boutique (Winner: Sean Wald)
- $100 – Best Demonstration of Reading Pride: $50 Christopher’s Restaurant | $50 Swissbäkers (Winner: Gaffen Fam)
- $50 – Best Family Photo: $50 REI (Winner: Manning)
- $50 – Attendance Award: Most Reading 375th Celebration Photos: $50 Fusilli’s Cucina (Winner: Nora)
- $25 – Best Photo Caption: Harrow’s Chicken Pies (Winner: Kyes Family)
- $25 – Best in Show Dog Photo: Everything But The dog (Winner: Larry Meuse)
- $25 – Best Food Photo: Biltmore & Main (Winner: Cool Mr. Steve)
- $25 – Most Creative Photo: Perfecto’s Cafe (Winner: Daniel Herzberg
- No prize substitutions will be made.
- Contest will run from May 31st, 2019 through June 15th, 2019.
- Winners will be announced by June 21st, 2019.
- Winners will be notified by social media within three (3) days after the drawing date. If any winner cannot be reached within three days of drawing date, the prize will be considered unclaimed and another winner will be drawn.
- Prize pickup will be at Reading Cooperative Bank located at 180 Haven Street, Reading, MA. Winner must present proper identification.
- Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- Winner agrees to allow Reading Cooperative Bank to use the winner's photograph and name in subsequent press releases and/or advertising without further compensation or review.
- Potential winner must return all required executed documents, including a publicity and photo consent form within seven (7) days following notification or the prize may be forfeited, and a new winner will be selected. Please see rule #7 for date of drawing.
- By participating in the sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the official rules.
- If there are ties in any prize category, a scavenger hunt committee member will pull one (1) winner at random drawing.
- Players can only win one (1) prize -- 15 individuals per 15 prizes.
- No purchase necessary.
- RCB employees are excluded.
*Scavenger Hunt Answers*
Bank: Reading Cooperative Bank at 180 Haven Street
Church: Church of the Nazarene
Concert for Reading: June 1st Concert Performers
Dog Parade: June 15th Event at Wood End Elementary School
Friends and Family Day: June 15th Event at Birch Meadow Drive
Headquarters: 55 Walkers Brook Drive Building
Hiking Anyone?: REI Co-op
If This House Could Talk: House Signs Explaining Home History
Images of America (Reading): Photos of the New Book
Jenny: Gravestone in Laurel Hill Cemetery
Let's go to the Theater: Quannopowitt Players Theater
Lynn Village: Reading Town Historical Marker
Opening Night May 31st: Opening Ceremony at Town Hall
Paint the Town: Downtown Art Walk
Park: Memorial Park
PorchFest: Bands Playing During June 8th Event
School Days: Wood End Elementary School
Taste of Metro North: Tasting at RMHS
Tavern/Revelry at the Tavern: June 7th and 8th Events at Parker Tavern
Town Dump: Home Depot/Jordan's/Strip Mall
Vintage Baseball Game: June 8th Old-Time Baseball Game
Reading Diner: Biltmore & Maine
The Reading Theater: RCTV
Vault Alarm: Latham Law Offices, LLC
Cooperative Building: Chief's Barber Shop
Council Ring: Boy Scout Rock Formation in Reading Town Forest
Gallahue's Supermarket: Planet Fitness
Hello?: Parish Behind Old South Church
Horese Track: Track Road
Mile Marker: B | 12 Market at Reading Train Station
Park: Birch Meadow Field Area
Wes Parker: Mandarin Restaurant